Mexican Pizza Night

By special request, here is my Mexican Pizza recipe.  It is based on a recipe I think I found in Bon Appetit quite a few years ago. 

Mexican Pizza
1 pizza crust (can be premade like Boboli, or you can make one from scratch, use Pillsbury or store brand refridgerated pizza dough, Jiffy mix, etc.)
1 or 2 avocados, diced
juice from half of a lime
1 t cumin
1 t garlic powder
1 large tomato or 3 roma tomatoes, diced
6 strips of bacon, more or less, cooked and crumbled
1 c, more or less, shredded pepper jack cheese

Mix lime juice, cumin, and garlic powder with avocado.  Bake the crust as directed until about 5 minutes from doneness.  Top with avocado mixture, tomato, bacon,and cheese.  Bake about 5 more minutes, until cheese melts.  If you are using a premade crust, just put the toppings on and bake until cheese melts.

The original recipe called for a Boboli type crust to be grilled, top side down for a few minutes, then flipped over, toppings added, then grilled until the cheese melts.  This is plenty good too, but more trouble than it's worth, particularly in the winter.

Earlier this week I made California screwdrivers, which are the regular screwdriver orange juice vodka combination, plus club soda and triple sec.  I think a Mexican screwdriver would be good with this pizza recipe, which are a screwdriver with tequila instead of vodka.  Or what might be even better is a combination of the California screwdriver and the Mexican screwdriver--I think I'd call it a Baja Screwdriver:  tequila, triple sec, club soda, orange juice.  I might try adding vodka if I was feeling crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts